Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dorm


Meeting new people is not the only scary thing in college. The scariest thing to most people are the dorm rooms. It is a common misperception that the dorm rooms are very small and not fun to live in. However, dorms can be fun, if you make it fun. Don't go in with a pessimistic attitude. Be upbeat and have fun with it. Decorate the room to your likings, that will make it a much better place to live. Also, talk to your room mate early about keeping the room clean, that way your small space wont be even more cluttered with trash or clothes. Just realize that you can't bring everything from your room. You will have to leave some things behind. But living in a dorm is not that bad. It is fun, so don't worry.

5 comments:

Josh Cratty and Sam Parker said...

I love dorm life! I love that everyone is close, but sometimes I need time to myself. Any suggestions on where I can go?

Kayla said...

I agree about talking to your roommate about situations like cleanliness, sleeping arrangements, etc.....my advice is to talk to them early before it becomes too awkward to bring something up that is bothering you, especially if you haven't become close friends. Take it from experience!

Jessie said...

My best advice is to go to the lounge on your floor, talk to your room mate about wanting/needing some alone time every now and then, or I like to go outside and sit on a bench or something. This campus is so pretty and peaceful that it is really easy to sit outside and relax.

JCrothers said...

Most definitely agree on your ideas, though I love the dorm life, little things make it kinda of a pain at times. Great idea for a blog too

Finke said...

I really like this idea fora blog! I also agree with Kayla, the best way to avoid serious problems is to talk about them when they are small. Sam, I would try the library (2nd floor).